The Musculoskeletal System for Herbalists – June 2018
06/04/2018 - 8:00 AM - 07/02/2018 - 5:00 PM| $150
The primary goal of this module is to understand the body’s musculoskeletal system through the eyes of the herbalist.
This 4-week, online course includes two live classes (which are recorded and then accessible through download as well) per week. During the four weeks we will explore in depth the physiology (and some anatomy) of the musculoskeletal system.
Injury, illness and healing in the body can be more fully understood by investigating the tissue affected. This includes understanding soft tissue and skeletal response to injury, infection and chronic illness. What types of tissue, blood supply and cellular regrowth/recovery do we see when working our way from the innermost section of a bone, to the tissue surrounding the bone superficially to connective tissue and muscle? What are some of the most important anatomical landmarks and locations that we should be aware of in responding to musculoskeletal injury and illness? What other organ and physiological systems are crucial to understand in their support of the musculoskeletal system as it heals?
Topics that will be explored and taught in this course include:
- Understanding musculoskeletal inflammation – local and systemic
- Musculoskeletal stress: Load vs. recovery
- Crucial stress points – joints and joint physiology
- Herbal delivery systems: Getting the herb to the tissue
- Sports medicine concepts for the herbalist
- Understanding infection in musculoskeletal tissue
- Chronic musculoskeletal diseases
- Chronic musculoskeletal injuries
- Musculoskeletal pain management
- Materia medica (i.e. herbs) and their usage for musculoskeletal pathologies
Live webinars take place twice a week. Handouts, videos of webinars (for those who can’t make a class during its live presentation), Q & A forum and a final quiz will all be accessible through online classroom.
Dates: Course begins 6/4/18 through 7/2/18.
There is a 4-week grace period after the last class week, to allow ample time for downloading content and finishing the course test. Access will close on 7/30/18.
To review our tuition policies, click here.
HOW TO REGISTER
To register with cash, money order or check, please send us an email at: